Saturday, June 7, 2008

Monday seeing Army recruiter

I may or may not be able to become a commissioned officer.....just depends on my medical eval. (the criteria for becoming an Army officer is stricter than enlisted)...if I cannot become an officer I will remain as a sergeant and work my way up the ranks.

I am meeting with my recruiter on Monday to fill out my security background questionnaire and see what available positions are out there for the chemical unit in St. Peters.

Some people think I am crazy to join now...especially because of the war. Currently my unit-to-be is under-strength and their mission is focused on Missouri. I don't see myself being deployed anywhere anytime soon if I am able to return (God willing).

I just hope that this war doesn't last much longer, as I see it--our soldiers, the Iraqis and our economy cannot handle this state of affairs forever.

I want to join the guard so that I can protect my homeland and to help in time of natural disasters....more in alignment with my beliefs. Of course I know if I have to go I have to...why I signed on the dotted line...but I always always pray for diplomatic solutions to political events...ok....off my soap box.

No comments: